12:00 - 17:00, Wednesday 9 October 2013 - Wednesday 12 March 2014
Making Connections is a programme of open afternoons for anyone aged 50+ and takes place on the second Wednesday of every month at the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum.
Making Connections Afternoons offer free entry to anyone aged 50+. Alongside free entry after 12 noon there will be additional programming available on the day.
Pictured left is a Making Connections participant with the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum Tweed Weaver, Diane.
Wednesday 9th October
Cures and Customs, from 1.30pm (free entry from 12 noon)
- Inspired by the exhibition Rhythms of the Year join us for a talk exploring customs, cures and remedies of the past at 1.30pm in the Lagan Room. Booking is not required for the talk but places will be limited. Early arrival is advised.
- There will also be a performance in the Ballycultra Dispensary Pharmacy at 12.30pm and 3.00pm.
Wednesday 13th November
Transport Tour, Transport Museum, 2.00pm (free entry from 12 noon)
Wednesday 11th December
- Drop-in to the Transport Museum and enjoy a guided tour with one of the Museum’s Guides.
- The tour will start at 2.00pm.
- Meet at reception in the Transport Museum.
- Advance booking is required for the tour.
Christmas Afternoon, various locations throughout the Museum, from 1.00pm (free entry from 12 noon)
Wednesday 12th February
- Celebrate the festive season with music, crafts workshops, mince pies and more!
- Christmas crafts will be available between 2.00 – 4.00pm in the Education Courtyard at the Folk Museum.
- Please note if you are attending with a group of 10+ people you need to register in advance by contacting 028 9039 5080/5081.
Spring Celebrations, Folk Gallery, from 1.00pm (free entry from 12 noon)
- Inspired by the current exhibition Rhythms of the Year, drop into the Folk Gallery to find out more about Setsubun, the Japanese Festival marking the beginning of Spring.
- Have a go at Origami and see Japanese calligraphy demonstrations.
Wednesday 12th March
Traditions and Skills, various locations throughout the Museum, from 12.00 noon
- The afternoon will focus on craft of candle making. Have a go at making your own candle in the Parochial House from 1.30pm
- See a range of other crafts demonstrated by the Visitor Guide Team in various locations throughout the Museum.
Booking is not required unless otherwise stated. For further information on Making Connections you can contact the Live and Learn Team on 028 9039 5080/5081.