The aim and objectives of CEDaR underpin the supply of environmental data needed to implement the Northern Ireland Biodiversity Strategy and support good land management and planning.
The aim of CEDaR is, To collect, collate, manage and disseminate robust (verified and validated) spatial data sets to facilitate biodiversity initiatives, (local, national and international).
Therefore, it is the role of CEDaR is to further develop an effective, efficient, flexible and scalable solution for delivery of environmental data and recording activity (increasingly interpretation of that data or information) in support of a growing range of legislative and international drivers in Northern Ireland.
In order to fulfil the above aim, the following objectives have been developed:
- Provide a customer-focused Record Centre for NI spatial data sets.
- Support environmental recording community to ensure a flow of validated, fit-for-purpose data to the central databases and other dissemination portals.
- To manage and maintain spatial data sets.
- To manage and maintain existing and new web products for our customers.
- To enable access to data (and information) by various audiences.
- To undertake agreed actions in relation to legislative requirements.
- To undertake an agreed number of appropriate interpretation initiatives in collaboration with the recording community and other partners.