*THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY FULLY SUBSCRIBED*
Visitor Experience Volunteer, Tim Peake’s Spacecraft Exhibition
Tim Peake’s Soyuz Spacecraft and his Sokol Spacesuit are currently on tour across the UK and will touch down at the Ulster Transport Museum from 20th February to 12th May 2019.
This Science Museum Group exhibition, with global technology company Samsung, offers visitors a close encounter with Tim Peake’s Soyuz space capsule and parachute, the descent module that brought Tim Peake safely back to earth from the International Space Station, and his Sokol KV-2 emergency spacesuit, worn as he travelled into and from space. Visitors can also experience Tim Peake’s 250-mile journey back to earth in the Soyuz space capsule with an exhilarating 360° 3D state-of-the-art virtual reality ‘Space Descent with Tim Peake’ adventure.
Ulster Transport Museum, Cultra, BT18 0EU
What you will be doing:
As a Visitor Experience Volunteer you will complement our visitor facing team with providing out-of-this-world customer service to all exhibition visitors. You will welcome and engage with our visitors, helping bring our exhibition to life, and enhancing the visitor experience.
- Assisting at the welcome area with meeting and greeting visitors, providing directions and orientation on available facilities and information on activities and events
- Providing a friendly point of contact for visitors throughout the exhibition
- Assisting with guidance and orientation for school groups
- Distributing and assisting with exhibition trails (including iPad based format) for families and school groups
- Undertaking iPad based visitor exit surveys
What’s in it for you?
This is a particularly rewarding role if you like meeting and talking to people, passing on knowledge, and helping to deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a fantastic Science Museum Group exhibition in conjunction with National Museums NI
- Make a meaningful contribution to the experience for all our visitors
- Gain confidence while learning new, on the job skills and knowledge
- Develop and enhance your communication and people engagement skills
- Be part of a small and enthusiastic bunch that have a great team ethic and spirit
- Receive reimbursed agreed out-of-pocket travel and subsistence expenses
- Have fun!
Your skills and experience:
- Passion and Enthusiasm – for our work and for engaging with people are essential but you do not need expert knowledge of space and science as we will provide you with training
- Good communication – approachable and comfortable with chatting to people from a broad spectrum of the community, from school kids to grandparents, enthusiasts to novices, locals to international visitors
- Friendly and energetic – positive, welcoming and friendly to all will add fun to our visitor experience
- Teamwork – comfortable involved alongside others as part of a dynamic volunteer team
- Reliability – able to provide a regular commitment to our volunteering team to provide vital assistance with the delivery of an exceptional exhibition.
Able to commit to at least one day a week (9.45am to 4pm, Tuesday - Sunday) for the duration of the exhibition
For more information on how to get involved please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.