An epic adventure
Invite your colleagues and their families to experience the adventure of 1800s emigration. It is a journey that will takethem from the thatched cottages of Ulster to the log cabins of the American Frontier on board a full-scale emigrant sailingship. Groups of 10 to 8000 can enjoy a traditional family fun day in an outdoor museum set on over 60 acres of beautifulcountryside.
On arrival, families will tour the Ulster American Folk Park at their own pace, visiting many the buildings listed below.They can try their hand at traditional pastimes and activities such as:
- Forge—blacksmithing demonstrations
- Weaver’s cottage—spinning demonstrations
- Mellon yard—feed the horse, donkey, hens & ducks
- Mellon house—farmhouse cookery & food sampling
- Schoolhouse—school days and games
- O’Doherty’s shop—visit the old sweet shop
- Ship & Dockside Gallery—traditional Punch & Judy shows & magic tricks
- wagon shed—visit the toymakers workshop
- Fulton house—fur trappers camp
- Log Cabin—pioneer cooking & food sampling
- Pennsylvania barn—barn dancing
- Pennsylvania house & garden—big wheel spinning, candle dipping and American games
Our caterers can offer a range of options to complete the day with some great food. With so much to see and do your guestswill have built up a hearty appetite.