Booking a visit
Before booking, please have the following information ready:
- the learning programme you wish to book
- the date you wish to visit, with alternatives if possible
- name of the teacher in charge of the group and also a school contact name
- the school telephone number, address including postcode and an email address
- the number in your group
- the age/ability of your students
- if you would like to book a group lunch area
whether you have pupils using wheelchairs or with other special needs
Please book as far in advance as possible, particularly for Term 3 as demand can be high.
Once you have booked, you will receive confirmation from us either by letter or email.
- Please check the details to ensure they are correct.
- Contact us as soon as possible if you need to make changes.
- It is advisable not to book transport until you receive this.
The cost for each learning programme can be found on the programme details page.
Learning programmes cost £60 per lesson for the following students:
- Further education
- Learning programmes are free for the following students:
- Special educational needs
- Self-led visits are free of charge but must be booked in advance.
- Pre-school groups have free admission for self-led visits only but are still required to book in advance.
- Special educational needs students and disabled groups have free admission for self-led visits only but are still required to book in advance.
Ulster Folk & Transport Museum and Ulster American Folk Park
- Learning programmes have reduced admission prices provided they are pre-booked in advance. Please note: if a group is not pre-booked, the normal entrance fee will apply.
- Supervising teachers and leaders have free admission.
- Teachers and leaders can avail of a free pre-visit. Please ask when booking.
Cash, cheque, credit card
Payment can be made on arrival by:
- credit card/debit card
Cheques should be made out to National Museums Northern Ireland
If your school wishes to be invoiced, please mention this when you book to allow time for administration and credit checks. Invoices must be paid within 30 days.
Groups from the Republic of Ireland
Euro notes can be used but we cannot accept Euro coins or Euro cheques.
Alternatively you can arrange to pay by invoice, bank draft or Sterling cheque.
If you need to cancel, please do so as far in advance as possible.
phone 028 9044 0100 (before 12.00 noon)
Ulster Folk & Transport Museum
phone 028 9039 5091
Ulster American Folk Park
phone 028 8225 6320 (Breege O’Sullivan)