Parking & transport
Free coach and car parks are situated next to the Visitor Centre.
- Children can leave their lunch bags in the Assembly Room on arrival, ready for lunch during their visit.
- They should keep money and valuables with them.
- The Assembly Room near the Visitor Centre, is used for school lunches.
- Break time can also be taken in the Assembly Room.
- All schools use this space and visiting groups are booked in for specific lunch times. Please ensure that you keep to your time so that everyone gets time for lunch.
As there are no facilities for tea/coffee for teachers and group leaders, refreshments can be purchased from the Strule Café in the Visitor Centre.
If you would like to visit the Shop in the Visitor’s Centre as part of our trip, please let us know. We will then schedule a short shopping session for the group.
National Museums NI is committed to providing a 5* visitor experience. Over the next 3 months we will be busy at work refurbishing and upgrading our visitor hospitality offering at the Ulster American Folk Park. During this time, our café will be offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and scones during the week.
The Assembly Room has accessible toilet facilities for the use of school groups only. There are public toilets in the Visitor Centre.
Seating is provided at regular intervals throughout the galleries and the outdoor museum site. Find out more about accessibility at the museum [link to accessibility page]