Parking & transport
- There are car parks at the Transport Museum and the Folk Museum with dedicated bays for coaches and minibuses.
- We have dedicated spaces for Blue Badge holders in all our car parks.
- All on-site parking is free.
- There are 2 Eco Car charging car parking spaces in the Transport Museum car park.
- Students may leave their lunches in the boxes provided. No valuables are to be left in the venue.
- Payments are to be made on the day of your visit at the pay kiosk located in the Folk Museum Car Park or the reception desk located at the entrance to the Rail Gallery
There are several areas in the Museum where packed lunches can be eaten and these should be booked in advance.
- Packed lunches should not be eaten in any of the Museum’s tearooms or exhibit buildings.
- Outdoor picnic tables are located in the grounds of both the Folk and Transport Museums, including the car parks.
- Indoor picnic areas are located in the Transport Museum, Land, Sea and Sky Galleries and upstairs in the National School in the Folk Museum.
Call in to our authentic Corner Shop and ask for a quarter of sweets, weighed out in the traditional way by a guide in costume.
We have gift shops in both the Folk Museum and the Transport Museum.
We have toilets (including accessible toilets) located across the site which are identified on the Museum map which you can get on arrival at the museum.
Assistance dogs are welcome to any area of the Museum.
Seating is provided at regular intervals throughout the galleries and the outdoor museum site. Find out more about accessibility at the museum here [link to accessibility page]