Leader: Mark Wright
Location: Magilligan Field Centre, with a site visit to Binevenagh
Mark Wright will present this identification course which aims to familiarise participants with some grassland fungi, in particular the waxcaps. We will develop the skills needed to identify fungi based on field characters and also gain an awareness of the use of Waxcaps in assessing importance of grassland fungi sites. The course will begin with a talk/workshop at Magilligan Field Centre then we will look at grassland fungi found on Binevenagh NNR.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR) Training Courses are aimed at anyone interested in wildlife. It is hoped that attendees will become wildlife recorders; recording what they see around them and submitting their records to CEDaR Online Recording – www.habitas.org.uk/records.
- These are adult education courses and not suitable for young children. Anyone under 18 attending must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is suitable for beginners.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor fieldwork is essential.
- There is no café on site, so please bring your packed lunch.
Tickets are £25 per person. Booking in advance is essential. To book please click "Book tickets" on this page.
For further information, contact Pauline Campbell, CEDaR Database Officer:
- Email: Pauline.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 028 90395255