Leader: Ryan Mitchell
Location: Lagan Classroom, UFTM, Cultra
Flies are one of the most diverse and interesting group of insects, this course will be a beginner’s guide to the wonderful world of hoverflies! This get you to grips with the common garden species which are easily recognisable in the field. There will an indoor sessions covering an overview of hoverfly identification, ecology and online resources. Followed by an outdoor session learning field skills and how to record hoverflies.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR) Training Courses are aimed at anyone interested in wildlife. It is hoped that attendees will become wildlife recorders; recording what they see around them and submitting their records to CEDaR Online Recording – www.habitas.org.uk/records.
- These are adult education courses and not suitable for young children. Anyone under 18 attending must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is suitable for beginners.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor fieldwork is essential.
- There is a café on site but please feel free to bring your own packed lunch. Tea and coffee will be available.
Tickets are £25 per person. Booking in advance is essential. To book please click "Buy Tickets" on this page.
For further information, contact Pauline Campbell, CEDaR Database Officer:
- Email: Pauline.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 028 90395255