Come in, Mission Control. Northern Ireland’s ultimate science party is back in an exciting new venue! As part of the NI Science Festival, LaTe LaB will be taking place at the Ulster Transport Museum to celebrate the arrival of the Tim Peake’s Spacecraft in association with Science Museum Group and tour partners Samsung.
Marvel at mindbinding physics as the Ulster Transport Museum is transformed for one night only into a tardis full of breathtaking live experiments, spectacular science shows and mercurial music.
During the event, you can look forward to the following:
- See the Soyuz capsule and Tim Peake's spacesuit
- Take the perfect "out of this world" selfie in an astronaut selfie suit
- Be amazed by the 'Physics Buskers' tricks and know-how
- Take part in workshops examining the science of space exploration
- Eat like Tim Peake with food inspired by the meals the crew ate during their time on the International Space Station
- Enjoy beer, wine, and cider, as well as some space-themed cocktails
- Experience Tim's descent from outer space and his journey back to earth in the Space Descent VR supported by Samsung, a unique virtual reality adventure
There's plenty on offer to help catalyze your evening’s fun, so don your best geek chic and join us for a UFO (Unbelievably Fun Occurrence)!
Please note that this event is for over 18s only
*The Space Descent VR experience will incur an additional cost of £6 per person